What is UPH designation?
In order to ensure the best use of NHS resources during the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Institute for Health Research established a process by which those delivering COVID-19 studies could apply to be prioritised as UPH research.
To receive UPH designation, studies are assessed against the below criteria.
- How compelling is the science underpinning the proposed study?
- Is it feasible to deliver in the current environment of the NHS and social care?
- Is the study of appropriate scope and scale for national priority status?
- Is the funding appropriate to deliver the proposed outcomes of the study?
- Is there an appropriate management plan to avoid interference with recruitment to other UPH studies?
- Will results be relevant to this pandemic?
Once approved as UPH-designated research by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), the set-up and delivery of the study is prioritised by all necessary organisations across the research, health and social care systems.
More information can be found at the following link: https://www.nihr.ac.uk/covid-19/prioritised-support-for-urgent-covid-19-research.htm